Type of Work
The type of work performed by our volunteers largely depends on the repairs and renovations needed at the home. However, there are general tasks which are often included:
- house painting
- yard work (planting flowers and shrubs, clearing weeds & debris)
- general clean-up
Volunteers may be asked to assist a skilled craftsman, with tasks such as:
- installing insulation
- replacing windows and appliances
- installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- installing outdoor security lights, and handicapped ramps
- Electrical and plumbing upgrades
- Wall and roof repair
NOTE: Power tools are often used at the work site, so the minimum volunteer age is 16 years of age.
Please download the Volunteer Waiver and bring it with you to the project site. COVID-19 update: there is an additional Volunteer Wellness Guidelines form for your review and an Acknowledgement Signature from which must be submitted with the Volunteer waiver.
We Need Your Help!
Bring Your Friends!
If you wish to join our mailing list or be contacted with volunteer opportunities, please fill out and submit the form below.